After 18 hours of negotiation and passage in the Senate Wednesday and Thursday by a vote of 24 to 10, today the Missouri House has truly agreed and finally passed SS SCS HB 126 by a vote of 110 to 44. This is groundbreaking legislation that will save lives and set the standard for pro-life legislation nation wide
Missouri Right to Life is very grateful to the Missouri House and Senate for passing the strongest pro-life bill in Missouri history.
This legislation will:
- ban abortion at detection of a heartbeat at 8 weeks, if overturned
- ban abortion at 14 weeks, if overturned
- ban abortion at 18 weeks
- ban abortion when the baby can feel pain
- require 2nd custodial parent notification
- require Missouri informed consent requirements for out-of-state abortion referrals
- increase required malpractice insurance to 3 million dollars
- increase to 70% of the donation, tax credits for donations to Pregnancy Resource Centers and lift the limit on the amount of the donation
- ban abortion in Missouri when Roe v. Wade is overturned
- ban abortion for race, gender and Down Syndrome diagnosis
We thank the Missouri House and Senate for their commitment this session to increase protections to unborn children and their mothers and to Governor Parson for his strong commitment to pro-life legislation.